Sr Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) Administrator
NexGen, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) Administrator to support the technical administration and maintenance of an OAS environment. Candidate will work closely with co-workers and client teams including but not limited to domain experts, technical leads, report developers and project managers. The right candidate is dedicated to assisting our clients and partners in resolving problems experienced during implementation, administration, management, and maintenance of the Oracle BI platform (OAS and WebLogic).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- OAS Administration
- Resolve problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products, specifically Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) and Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Provide technical support to IT business analysts, developers, systems engineering and vendors to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Manage system performance, monitor for issues, and proactively tune system parameters.
- Implement and adhere to IT general controls and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Maintain standards for implementing and managing technology stacks to ensure system architecture, and related systems conform to optimal cost/performance, user functionality, maintainability, and quality objectives.
- Manage system to achieve applicable IT Service Level Agreements based on guidelines established with business users.
- Routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to user issues.
- Assist the client in resolving problems experienced during implementation, administration and maintaining the Oracle Analytics environment (OAS - both internal and public facing).
- Contribute to continuous product and service improvement by identifying complex issues, performing product and documentation reviews, taking initiative for process improvement and internal systems design.
- Offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of user satisfaction.
- Create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid user issues.
- Be an experienced member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address complex, critical system issues.
- Offer support to the client and team members through web conferences, phone calls and web updates.
- Mature existing processes, implement and manage version control.
- Provide and implement additional quality checks and control.
- Maintain and refine procedures to ensure adherence to Multiuser Development Environment (MUDE) processes.
- Source Control Management (processes and procedures) within the MUDE
- Manage and keep track of the check-out and check-in process of the RPD and related materials into the Multi-user dimensions and version control system (SVN).
- Assist with bringing the MUDE Master repository and MUDE Log File Under Source Control – both manual and automatic.
- Develop check-in / check-out scripts and update MUDE master repository and log file.
- Troubleshoot Multiuser Development environment
- Check whether changes impact related components - test whether changes broke anything.
- Clean up issues, such as equalizing the RPD.
- Develop and maintain “Tips and Best Practices” (setting up projects, branching, merges, migration, roles, users, etc.)
- Manage removal of unwanted objects from the repository.
- RPD Release Management
- Mature existing processes for RPD migration between environments and successful deployment to OAS production (publishing to MUDE repositories, merging, release, etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' experience with Core Oracle™ products.
- Candidate is expected to have demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
- Advanced database skills (DB2, Oracle, Informix, MS SQL Server)
- Operating systems (LINUX, REDHAT)
- Candidate should have strong SQL skills and ability to understand complex SQL statements.
- Hands on Linux shell commands to configure servers, track memory & disk usage, file management and permissions are required.
- Hands-on experience with WebLogic server administration is required.
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem solving skills and should be a team player.
- The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
- Work experience within the Federal Government.
- US Citizenship, or legal permanent residence, or US work authorization with minimum 3 years of continuous US presence is required due to federal contract requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Compensation: $100,000-130,000 per year (Dependent on Experience)
(Last Revision: 2023-03-09)