Sr Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) Data Modeler (Part-Time)
NexGen Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) Data Modeler to support federal government applications and programs. This individual will be required to work closely with members of NexGen and client teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical staff, and project managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design data storage structures to facilitate data ingestion, curation, retrieval, and archiving.
- Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information.
- Project long-range requirements for database design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Design, create, and maintain data models within a Datawarehouse solution.
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advise users on access to various client/server databases.
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Proactively seek innovative ways to improve delivery of client solutions.
- Effectively and accurately communicate with management regarding project status, issue identification and remediation.
- Analyze problem incidents, debug SQL and implement fixes.
- Perform data access analysis design, archive/recovery design and implementation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Proficiency with Oracle databases, including ability to write and understand complex SQL queries.
- 5 years’ experience with PL/SQL query writing experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with Data Modeling.
- 2+ years’ experience with representing transactional data within a data warehouse.
- Expertise with Oracle Analytics Server (OAS).
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with Azure cloud.
- Experience with Snowflake data warehouse.
- Experience with PowerBI.
- Experience within the Federal Government.
- Ability to analyze and work with complex system integrations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High quality customer service skills and strong training skills.
- The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
- US Citizenship, or legal permanent residence, or US work authorization with minimum 3 years of continuous US presence is required due to federal contract requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
NexGen Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Compensation: $45 to $65 Per Hour (Dependent on Experience)
(Last revision: 2023-08-17)